The guides of EXPEDICIONES are ready to start the 2020 canyoning season in the Sierra de Guara. In addition to the usual protective actions during activities, we include new COVID 19 prevention protocols for guides and participants.
The objective is to maintain health security, by respecting all established protocols and thus to come back to enjoy together during adventures of security, pleasure, fresh air and spectacular landscapes. Above all, to make the most of the Sierra de Guara, local authorities (through the GUARA SOMONTANO SEGURO initiative) and national authorities recommend the following.
In addition to these recommendations for hygiene, social distancing and special protocols to limit COVID 19, active tourism companies such as mountain guide companies must follow these regulations on the development of active tourism activities and the following nature :
CHAPTER XI Conditions for the development of active tourism and nature activities
For the purposes of the provisions of article 47 of decree SND / 399/2020 of May 9, active tourism and nature activities can be carried out for groups of up to twenty people, under the same conditions as those provided for in said audit Article. Order SND / 399/2020, of May 9, for the relaxation of certain national restrictions, established after the declaration of the alarm state in application of phase 1 of the Plan for transition to a new normal. Link to the order at BOE from 9.05.2020> https://www.boe.es/boe/dias/2020/05/09/pdfs/BOE-A-2020-4911.pdf
This decree, which comes into force at 00.00 on 11.05.2020, regulates, in its chapter XIV, the conditions under which active tourism and nature activities must be carried out
Article 47. Active tourism and nature.
To carry out active and nature tourism activities for groups of a maximum of up to ten people, by companies registered as active tourism companies in the corresponding competent administration, under the conditions established in the following sections. These activities will be arranged, preferably, by appointment.
- Active tourism activities may not be carried out in establishments or premises intended for this activity, the common areas of which must remain closed to the public, except those corresponding to the reception area and, where appropriate, toilets and changing rooms, which must have soap disinfectant for hand washing and / or hydroalcoholic gels or disinfectants with virucidal activity authorized and registered by the Ministry of Health. The use of the toilets by clients will comply with the provisions of article 6.5. 4.
- In the activities, the interpersonal safety distance of two meters will be guaranteed. When the safety distance cannot be maintained, protective equipment appropriate to the level of risk should be used. The equipment necessary to facilitate the activity will be disinfected according to the hygienic-sanitary measures established after each use by the client.
All the groups are unique and the development of each activity must be anticipated with the interested parties and according to the conditions of the moment … As always they are good. We also remind you of the following general safety tips in the natural environment:
- Always check the weather and weather forecasts. Prepare technically and physically without presuming your strengths or skills (or those of the other participants)
- Have fun with prudence and take care of yourself and your colleagues with respect and solidarity.
- The material and equipment must always be in perfect conditions of use.
- Save strength for the return, not being in a hurry and knowing how to quit when necessary.
- Get information with maps, books, advice from professionals, from competent locals or from mountain guides.
- Have knowledge of first aid and first aid to be able to prevent or act in the event of an accident.
- Do training or workshops with mountain professionals or specialists.
- Whenever you go out, say where you are going because it is not recommended to go alone.
Hoping that soon we can enjoy adventures in Sierra de Guara together, take care of yourself anf stay prudent, responsible, resilient … See you in the canyons!