DAY OF VIA-FERRATA AND ABSEILING IN SIERRA DE GUARA
THE VIA-FERRATA AND ABSEILING (OR RAPPELING) TOUR IN SIERRA DE GUARA IS AN EXCLUSIVE OFFER CREATED BY EXPEDICIONES FOR THOSE WHO WANT TO DISCOVER THESE 2 MOUNTAIN ACTIVITIES AT THE TIME. ACCOMPANIED BY A PROFESSIONAL GUIDE AND IN FULL SAFETY, YOU WILL BE INTRODUCED TO THE VARIOUS TECHNIQUES THAT CARACTERISE THESE ACTIVITIES OF ASCENDING A VIA FERRATA AND RAPPELING DOWN IN A DRY CANYON.
Via-ferrata is a booming activity today: Of an Italian origin, this practice is the meeting point of hiking and climbing; it is a safe pathway between horizontality and verticality. These semi-aerial routes are equipped with metal bars, footboards and cables enabling you to evolve on cliffs much more easily than climbing.
This vertiginous course is accessible to a large audience without training. After a vertical ascending, you end up on one of the most beautiful rooftops of Sierra of Guara: A real postcard panorama on the Mascun and Rodellar valley. Then, you will descend the dry canyon of the Virgen and its varied abseilings which allow an excellent training of various techniques of rappel (abseil down against wall, aerial abseils, abseil with opposition, abseil in toboggan).
At the end of the day, you will be rewarded for your efforts by a nice bathe into the transparent water of the Mascun.
PRICE OF THE VIA FERRATA AND ABSEILING IN SIERRA DE GUARA
(minimum 3 persons, maximum 6 persons)
|Price per person (VAT 21% included)|
|Day of via ferrata and rappel||57 €|
|Day of via ferrata and rappel + 1 picnic*||66 €|
|Special journeys of vía ferrata and abseiling, groups, exclusive guides||Ask us|
The price of via ferrata and abseils day includes:
• A professional guide experienced with the canyons and via ferratas of Sierra de Guara
• The individual equipment: Integral neoprene wetsuit, helmet, tight Can, complete harness, harness and set of via ferrata complete and homologated etc.
• The common material: bag-back of canyon, ropes necessary, safety ropes, first aid kit. etc.
• The insurance of individual assistance.
• The VAT of 21%
The price of via ferrata and abseils day does not include:
• The transport is personal.
• Water (minimum 1.5litres for 2 persons)
• The picnic lunch that you can carry, order it to us (only in July & August*) or order it to a bar or restaurant of the area.
• For each activity, you must be equipped with sport or trekking shoes (with soles not too thin or slippery, nor too used, protecting well the foot), bathing suit, shirt, clothing of replacement (warm/dry that we leave in the car), wind-cutter (type:Kway).
• In summer, sun lotion, sun glasses and cap could be necesary.
• For those who are carrying glasses, the easy way not to lose them is to fix them with string. For lenses, bring glasses of swimming and in case, a spare pair of contact lens).
Description of the tour of via ferrata and abseils in Sierra de Guara
After the booking of the via ferrata and abseils tour, you will receive the logistic and organization instructions by email or telephone.
Each day, there is an appointment at the base camp of Expediciones. There, the guide will give you the material necessary according to the activity of the day. Once equipment and the picnics distributed between the members of the group, we leave for the activity. The duration varies from 6 to 7 hours according to the routes. The typical day includes the access time until the starting point with personal vehicles, the walk of approach, the picnic break in a nice place after the ascencion of via ferrata, the descent of the dry canyon with rappels, snack breaks, the walk of return and the return to the base camp.
For safety reasons, Expediciones can cancel or modify the activities according to weather conditions’ and/or if the conditions do not allow a sure course of the activity.